Sucker Punch Game Calls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shot size choices

2 posters

Go down

Shot size choices Empty Shot size choices

Post by watch em fall Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:21 pm

I comtinue to see this debate all over the place. Just curious what size shot do you fellows prefer for crows. No debate just curious I'm partial to 7.5's but use 5,6 and 8's too.
watch em fall
watch em fall
Baby Crow

Back to top Go down

Shot size choices Empty Shot size choices

Post by Gary Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:12 am

Watch em, I know you do not want to open a can of worms, but that is what this is. This is like butt holes, everybody has one. I have read discussions on other web sites that run from A to Z on this. As you know one can shoot any size shot he can get his hands on at a crow. But if he wants to be better than average at killing we need to narrow it down a bit. Our team has run numerous test on each shot size and powder charges of shells of all makes. We have narrowed it down to the 7.5 load. As you know they come in different velocities, we prefer the 1300fps. It seems to have better knockdown at a longer range day in and day out, at the lowest price. I have to admit that we do use some number 8's on early season shoots with little wind. I have hunted with some of the best shots anywhere and it all comes down to the shooter in my opinon. It is a lot like golf. I have played with players that have old rusty clubs with torn bages and cuts in the balls they use and they still shot in the 70's. Here I am with new clubs and bag and balls and I shot in the 80's. It is all in the lead and the range in which you choose to take the shot. Let them come within 25-30 yards and pratice your lead, wind or not and you will find that the ole trusty 7.5's will do the job everytime. MY OPINION ONLY!I love you
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down