Sucker Punch Game Calls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Ready Freddy

2 posters

Go down

Get Ready Freddy Empty Get Ready Freddy

Post by Gary Thu 26 May 2011, 9:24 am

Get ready NC. Crow season starts June 1. We can hunt on Wednesday’s, Friday’s and Saturday’s and holiday’s until next February 29th 2012. What a great time to take advantage of the parental instinct of Ma and Pa crow. The fledglings are fresh out of the nest and have virgin ears to our calling (fresh batch). If one can stand the heat and insects/snakes it is a great time to hunt. Most mornings are cool enough to squeeze in a few hours of shooting. This time of the year you want to key in on the crow’s weakness. Their weakness is protecting their young. You want to play all your young bird distress calls this time of year. I also have good success with following up the distress calls with several fight calls. Remember they are very protective this time of year and any fight situation or a call to help other parents they are there. Decoys are not a good idea at this time of year. The birds are still separated in small family groups until around July when they start gathering to socialize. Give it a try and keep me posted. Very Happy
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:36 am

A friend of mine gave me a good report. Last weekend he went crow hunting with very good success. He killed 44 in about 4 hours. He said the young birds came in and very aggressive and died with honor. The birds are still paired up but I see some small flocks gathering. As I stated earlier, now is the time to have your fun with the new recruits before they graduate.
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down

Get Ready Freddy Empty Re: Get Ready Freddy

Post by Splash One Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

Gary wrote:A friend of mine gave me a good report. Last weekend he went crow hunting with very good success. He killed 44 in about 4 hours. He said the young birds came in and very aggressive and died with honor. The birds are still paired up but I see some small flocks gathering. As I stated earlier, now is the time to have your fun with the new recruits before they graduate.

I saw my first 2011 yearling yesterday... its funny how new they are to everything... I had a couple in 2010 that were amazed by my bird feeder, but were ultimately defeated by it because they couldn't get to the food through the glass. LOL

When I lived in San Diego, I lived under a group of pines that were about 150 feet tall...they were weird pines..only had branches at the top..but that is where the crows chose to nest.. I got really good at telling the young ones from the old ones, by sight and sound.... and by how well they died in my back yard ... Evil Gun
Splash One
Splash One
Molting Crow

https://www.youtube.com/user/SDoutside?feature=mhum, http://s1184

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:03 am

It was the middle of June when I reported a friend of mine having a good day shooting 40+ birds. Well here it is in the middle of July and I am seeing flocks starting to gather bringing in their young to socialize with other groups. They will start moving around a lot more now and you should be able to catch some in places where you have not seen them this year. It is very hot here and hard to get motivated to hunt, 95 F for over a month now with a hot southwest wind. We have had very little rain and we are seeing more than normal snakes, so we will have to wait. Keep me posted if anyone is going and successful.
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down

Get Ready Freddy Empty Re: Get Ready Freddy

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum