Sucker Punch Game Calls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes

3 posters

Go down

3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes Empty 3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes

Post by watch em fall Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:15 pm

Took my wife and our brittany to a game farm today. Got 3 hen pheasants in about 17 minutes of hunting. Man I love to watch the dog so much when he is where there are birds. I hunted public land so many times and worked his ass off for nothing, it was nice to see him on birds. 3 solid points and 3 flush and kills, now that was something to crow about!!Very Happy 3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes 3197075251
watch em fall
watch em fall
Baby Crow

Back to top Go down

3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes Empty 3 Pheasants in less than 20 minutes

Post by Gary Tue 22 Nov 2011, 8:48 am

There is nothing like raising a pup and watching him or her grow into a real dog. I can tell you are proud of him by the way you describe him. Lets not forget the fine shooting behind the dog. That's what makes the whole deal come together. Send a us a pic of this fine animal!bounce
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down

3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes Empty Re: 3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes

Post by watch em fall Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:10 pm

3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes 03251112 click on gallery at top of home page.
watch em fall
watch em fall
Baby Crow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wed 23 Nov 2011, 8:52 am

I viewed the photo gallery and the pictures were quit sporty. He is stylish for sure. My brother had a Brittney named Champ and he was a heck of a dog. He only used him for quail and we shot hundreds of birds over him during his life. They are fine dogs and great companions as well.
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down

3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes Empty Re: 3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes

Post by watch em fall Wed 23 Nov 2011, 8:46 pm

Between me, my wife and a few friends probably shot between 200 and 250 birds over him. He is 5 years old, started on quail and chuckars and graduated to pheasants and grouse. He is our pride and joy, lovable and a great hunter and companion. Wouldn't trade him for anything, but I will never let him take on a wounded crow too risky. I've seen too many crows get very aggresive and I think one could easily take an eye out of a dog. He is very gentle with retrieves so he doesn't hammer a down bird like other dogs do, we call it having a soft mouth. He doesn't chew em all to hell like some dogs do.
watch em fall
watch em fall
Baby Crow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:56 am

When does your bird season open? It has to be close. Keep us posted on your hunts this fall.
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Splash One Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:30 pm

I have yet to shoot phesant, but I have eaten them.... well worth the hunt fees....

I really like the gallery feature, but before I pay for more storage Im actually considering moving the entire site to a new host... The people running this forum site mess with the software too much, and I like the layout at active board much better too... will give plenty of warning...
Splash One
Splash One
Molting Crow

https://www.youtube.com/user/SDoutside?feature=mhum, http://s1184

Back to top Go down

Post by watch em fall Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:45 pm

Grouse comes in in mid-october and pheasant comes in a week later and runs till saturday before deer season(deer opened on monday).Then comes back in monday after deer season ends(2 weeks from yesterday). I hunt a lot on a preserve cause I hate hunting all day for hours on end and not being able to put my dog on birds. I believe they are a lot like us, short attention span. I hunt him some on public land when I can, but I prefer to hunt where I know there are birds present. It is pure magic to watch him in bird filled fields. I want to take him to South Dakota or Kansas before he gets too old. He is 5 now and it seems just like yesterday I was training him on his first quail. Time flies my friends and the older I get the more days, weeks, months and years fly by. Do not miss any opportunity to spend time in the outdoors. I now understand what people mean when they say we are only here for a little while..................... 3 pheasants in less than 20 minutes 1563119151
watch em fall
watch em fall
Baby Crow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:05 am

A friend of mine who lives in Kentucky now called me last night and said he had just returned from pheasant hunting in kansas. I thought of you and your dog. He said it was one of the nicest places he has hunted for the money. Look em up @ showmebirds.com
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum