Sucker Punch Game Calls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archery hunting

4 posters

Go down

Archery hunting Empty Archery hunting

Post by watch em fall Mon 21 Mar 2011, 10:14 pm

I used to be an avid bow-hunter but between Pa's seasons overlap and getting my brittany, I just lost interest, I'd rather hunt birds over my dog
watch em fall
watch em fall
Baby Crow

Back to top Go down

Archery hunting Empty Re: Archery hunting

Post by Nada Mucho Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:50 am

i have very little time to hunt because of my job so the seasons available to me are small game/upland game, archery for deer, crow (long season), and might take up duck hunting. i understand about season overlap which is why i am selling off my muzzleloading gear. love bird hunting with dogs... i go on field trial training runs with a neighbor as a shooter.
Nada Mucho
Nada Mucho
A Worm

Back to top Go down

Post by Polish Hammer Wed 30 Mar 2011, 12:31 pm

I've hunted birds over a dog a few times...didn't do a whole lot for me. There's always time to get out archery hunting. You can hunt the first few hours of the morning or the last few hours of the evening. That gives you plenty of time to run your dogs. It's usually lack of time OR the lack of deer that drives people away from archery hunting. Besides spring gobbler there's no better time to be in the woods.

Hammer
Polish Hammer
Polish Hammer
A Worm

Back to top Go down

Archery hunting Empty Archery Season Open in NC

Post by Gary Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

NC's archery season opened this past Sat. Our hunters here on the coast found three things this year different. One was that it was very hot and humid. 97 F at 4:00 with little to no wind. Second they found lots and lots of mosquitoes hatching from our recent hurricane. They are so big I saw one breeding a turkey flatfooted last week. And last, it was a full moon, where the deer would typically move in the middle of the day when most of us were seeking air conditioning. I only know of one kill and it was a small buck.
Gary
Gary
Dances With Crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down